At this time our planet is going through a strong stage as a result of the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID 19). This disease has a high rate of contagion which has led to its expansion worldwide, in this article we will explain the actions you should to take to avoid infection and protect you and your family.
How is it spread?
The virus is spread by direct contact with breath drops that an infected person can expel when coughing or sneezing, or by touching surfaces contaminated by the virus. COVID-19 can survive on a surface for several hours, but can be removed with simple disinfectants.
How can we prevent contagion?
1) Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
2) Avoid touching your face and the mucosa of your eyes, nose or mouth.
3) When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nostrils with the end of your elbow or using disposable paper towels.
4) The masks are for the exclusive use of people with respiratory symptoms or who assist symptomatic people or those with a confirmed diagnosis of the disease.
5) Maintain a distance of one to two meters from symptomatic people, do not wave, kiss or hug; in the same sense, avoid going to places where there may be crowds of people.
6) Do not share utensils for personal use for drinks and food.
8) Respect the regulatory distancing by the health authorities of your country.
What are the symptoms and what should I do if I have them?
The symptoms that can be caused by COVID-19 are:
If you have severe breathing problems or have any of the symptoms mentioned, seek medical attention or contact your local emergency service. Anyone who is hospitalized for an acute respiratory infection will undergo a coronavirus test when other possible infectious causes that may justify the clinical picture have been ruled out, regardless of whether they have been in close contact with an infected person or have traveled to a focus of infection in the previous two weeks.
Remember to abide by all the pertinent measures disseminated in your country for the prevention and care of yourself and your family.